Wednesday, January 6, 2010
Still Clinging To Life - TAKE THAT, CITY!
Back in aught-eight I loaded the majority of my earthly possessions into my fathers trailer and, as some sort of ill formulated personal dare, moved to Toronto with some of my closest friends in pursuit of fame and fortune. Over the past year and three months I've met celebrities, gotten stitches, battled poverty and depression, begged on the street (on behalf of a registered charity) and rubbed elbows with big-shot producers. I've learned to make hobo-grade cuisine and attended fine dining establishments. In short, it's been an interesting year trying to make sense of the real world in an at times very unreal city. But I've survived, and you can too. In the months ahead I plan to revive my earlier objective in providing a place of solstice and reassurance to other disenfranchised small-towners set adrift in the big smog - somewhere other lost souls can learn from my experience...and laugh at my expense.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment